Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mr. Fred's Poetry Corner: Alone, in the Dark

Alone, in the dark,
“In the Heat of the Night,”
The movies, also “Moby Dick,”
“Marnie,” and some Spartans,
300 I think, “Under Ten Flags,”
William Castle, “13 Ghosts,”
“Dr. Sardonicus” was a scream.
Hammer Dracula;
Hammer Frankenstein;
Hammer anything at all.
“Love Me Tender,” “Jailhouse Rock,”
And monsters, any chance I got,
With “The Giant Behemoth,” alone,
With bugs and scorpions and birds, all huge,
And alligators, bodies though of men,
Hideous this and terrible that.
Pacific Titles, made up “Heat of the Night”
I suppose. I saw new cars,
Too far, they thought, to worry.
Alone, in the dark, a comfort to me.
Be careful, oh man,
Take care with your comforts,
Choose wisely,
Or suffer, alone.


Idea to completion, six minutes, March 28, 2008

No comments: