Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Red Balloon - Tim Hardin



Great song and performance by the songwriter, Tim Hardin. Tim must have been really something. Some of these songs are heart wrenching, painful little bursts of crystallized negative energy. I almost never meet people more depressed than me.

There was another side to Tim. I have it on good authority, from someone who shared Tim's interest in substances. One of my friends in L.A. had been a needle-buddy of Tim's for some time. My friend was so gracious, funny, and personable that he could always cop, so he was the go-to guy when certain celebrities came to town. Whenever Tim's name came up later on, my friend would kind of collapse into himself like the wind had gone out of his sails. Losing Tim was an awful memory for him. 

No comments: