Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Haircut That Drove Willard To A Bully Rage

Willard Romney recently got called out for abusing one of the guys in his high school.  Chasing him down, and actually cutting his hair with a pair of scissors, because the guy had some kind of do going that the Mittster thought was unacceptable.  Of course he had help, no sense taking any chances that the faggot can actually defend himself.   No, bullies like an audience too, to prove how tough they are. 

This story disgusted me.  There's no excuse for the behavior in the first place, and Mitt's luke-warm non apology was offensive.  But the story, on its own, reminded me of something interesting.

It has occurred to me, over the years, that I had/have no idea which of the boys in my high school were gay.  Me and Mitt were in high school at the same time.  There were a thousand of us at the school, all boys, almost three hundred in my graduating class.  I knew my class pretty well, and there are none of them that I can say, yup, gay.  Certainly no one admitted to being gay, but more tellingly no one acted in the least bit gay.  Statistically there must have been gay boys among us, even a conservative two or three percent would have been nine or so just in my class.   I assume that they were there, but I can tell you that they were completely invisible.*

You could say that my Gaydar is defective, and you might be right.  I'm not famous for being able to spot homosexuals.  It's not something that really occurs to me, mostly because over the years I have known lots of homosexuals who were very masculine and lots of straight guys who were very nelly.  And who cares anyway?

Is this a reason not to vote for Willard?  Probably not.  And besides, there are hundreds of great reasons not to vote for him, so many reasons that this one shouldn't come into the picture at all. 


*Well, maybe one kid.

No comments: