Monday, May 7, 2012

Games Were Played





This was a "Team Building" seminar in Pattaya this weekend, for my Faculty of Law at Ramkhamhaeng University.  It always occurs to me that tort liability must not be a problem in Thailand.  The middle picture, for instance, is one of the goals in a "Chair Ball" game.  The lady with the basket carries the goal for her own team, so she must try her best to catch any of their shots on goal.  The goalie falls off the chair often in Chair Ball, and even in my limited experience of viewing there have been injuries (nothing serious, thankfully). 

And the ten people tied together in the top picture, ankle to ankle, making, what is that? an Eleven Legged Race?  Twelve? (Between two teams.)  Here too, I'm worried about possible injuries.   Just me being an old worry-wart.  No one got hurt at all, the entire weekend, and we all had a lot of fun.

You can see the smiling faces of the winning Chair Ball team in the bottom photo.  Yes, we were having a good time.  I felt lucky to be there.   

No comments: