Saturday, September 24, 2016

hide and rosanna - white waves(Rare Japanese-Brazilian Fusion 'n Soul Gr...

I love Japanese music; I love Brazilian music; I know that there are many Japanese in Brazil. So it was natural to Google "japanese brazilian music."

This just came up. This act has been defunct for over forty years, and they were always pretty obscure. Isn't it amazing the stuff you can listen to, and find out about, on our modern Intertubes?

Rosanna Zambon is Italian. She made it to Japan as a singer in the late 1960s. She hooked up with Hide Demon as a duet and they made records like this in the early 1970s. They also got married and had two children. Thereupon Hide died, on the young side.

Rosanna went on to host a Japanese TV show about Italian food.

If I had never heard this song, I wouldn't really miss it. But there's enough life affirmation in that story to make the entire enterprise worthwhile.

No comments: