Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spooky music made by abusing turntables and cutting up and reforming vinyl records - Boing Boing

Spooky music made by abusing turntables and cutting up and reforming vinyl records - Boing Boing

I wonder if the inspiration for this is cosmic or divine, merely mechanical, spiritual or musical, something in between or all of the above.  It's creative, that's for sure.  The stacking of turntables and tone arms, the use of found objects like rolls of packing tape as spacers, the jury rigging of a pyramid of cut up spare parts, it borders on genius. 

Even if I had been the one to get this idea, I would end up not having actually done it.  For one thing, those records are sacred objects to me, cutting them up in various ways would be against my very nature.  For another thing, it looks like a lot of work.

Thanks to Boing Boing, a bottomless font of weird entertainment.  

No comments: