Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Proctoring Tests At Ramkhamhaeng University

This rather thin turn-out is typical for my university.  This afternoon, my row saw three students show up to take a test for which twenty-one were "expected."  The pink strips of paper hanging from the corners of the desks have the names of students who were registered for the class and for whom, optimistically, preparations have been made. 

Not showing up for a final would lead to a terrible result in my American alma mater.  As in "F."  We're much more gentle with our students at RKH.  I approve of this forebearance, we are the "open" university, one of the universities of last resort, and many of our students come from educational environments where nothing was made easy for them and nobody really helped them.  So we help them, and I think it's great. 

No comments: