Thursday, April 4, 2013

Alert The Media: Jay Leno To Be Saved From Himself

 I often check out the Late Night Jokes page on Ask Dot Com, just to see what America thinks is funny these days.  Usually I try to avoid the Jay Leno jokes, partly as a concession to the brevity of life and partly because, well, he hasn't been funny for at least twenty years now, so let's cut out the middle-man.  This one is so short that I got stuck reading it, with predictable results:

"The Associated Press, the largest news gathering outlet in the world, will no longer use the term 'illegal immigrant.' That is out. They will now use the phrase 'undocumented Democrat.'" –Jay Leno

So let's see: it's not funny; it's offensive; it's racist; it's a pathetic attempt to pander to a certain stupid segment of the American electorate . . . let's just call it a misguided attempt at humor, misguided and unsuccessful.  A misguided attempt at political humor, which is even more elusive than regular humor, which is elusive enough.  Just try it sometime. 

Oh, Jay, please excuse me, and please, may I buy back my introduction? 

No comments: