Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pixies-Debaser

The Pixies were around from 1986 to 1993, first time around.  I knew about them, but I never caught a fever about it.  Maybe I should have. 

This cut has the new distinction of being the first record made using a 3D printer.  I've read about those things but a big part of me thinks that it's all a hoax.  My mind isn't ready to wrap itself around a home device that "prints out" guns that shoot and records that play. 

Is "Debaser" also the model for "Smells Like Teen Spirit?"  Could be, lots of 'Net speculation about it.  Music is like that.  All music is theft, as far as I'm concerned.  (Within reason, there are some guys who just pull stuff out of a Black Hole or something.)  I've written about it.  We play what we hear; if a guy who grew up alone on a deserted island found a violin he'd copy the animals. 

No comments: