Thursday, December 20, 2012

Goodbye, Maybe

There's a rumor going around that Friday will be the end of the world.  Mayan calendar prophecy; good old Nostradamus; planetary alignment; reversal of the earth's magnetic poles; the eruption of the Yellowstone caldera; some damn thing.  It started with talk of the Mayan calendar and it just spun out of control from there.

There is no general agreement though, I guess that's a good thing.  Current day Mayans say definitely no; Nostradamus says maybe (as usual); and no one but the History Channel seems to be sure that the end of the world is a go.  The History Channel has been in apocalypse overdrive for at least a week now, all-apocalypse-all-the-time.  Me, I'm skeptical. 

But in the event that they're right, I suppose I mean if the programers and the consulted experts of the History Channel are right, let me take this one last opportunity to thank you for your patient readership.  It's been fun.

And I'll see you on Saturday. 

No comments: