Sunday, February 26, 2023

Adrian Belew I Am What I Am


I am slowly coming out of my intensely negative experience of this recent so-called Holiday Season. I wrote a couple of posts last week but I really wasn't happy with them. I'm reading way too much and that's always a bad sign. Ears to the music, or nose in a book, or maybe something pleasant on the TV, or else it's non-stop negative ideation. I watched a couple of Andrei Tarkovsky movies. The Stalker was a wonderful surprise. I'd never seen it before, and the final moral gut-punch will keep your mind off of most of your troubles for days. Solaris is readily available, free, not the uncut 210 minute version, but at least the 150 minute cut. There's an even shorter version that is only about 110 minutes, and it must be awful. Another Tarkovsky landed on the 'Tube recently. I'll watch it soon. 

I have started my third pass through every episode of the Big Bang Theory. If I don't watch one episode within one hour of bedtime I can't sleep. I read two books at a time now, one serious and one entertaining. Now it's Thomas Pikitty's Capital in the Twenty-First Century, with the Expanse books as a back-up. I have no idea if this regimen will enough to guide me through the hell-scape that is one's mid-seventies. 

But, as Popeye said, I am what I am. We'll see what happens. 

No comments: