Saturday, April 23, 2022

Chasin' The Trane (Live At The Village Vanguard, 1961)


You must check the 'Net and YouTube every so often to see what's new. You may discover something that you've never heard, or you may find something that you have looked for unsuccessfully periodically for many years. This is in that last category. 

Years ago I looked for this, but the only "Chasin' the 'Trane" that I found was a deadly-dull EMO version on a Japanese LP. (I shared that. It's still on the blog, if you feel like a good laugh.) 

My copy of this was the flip-side of an ABC Impulse record. Access to my records now requires a plane ticket, and honestly, I don't think that I'll ever see them again. But more is up now, and this might be the good version. The corporations have been shuffling their ownerships like Ricky Jay shuffling cards, so who knows if it was originally on ABC. It's "courtesy of Universal Music" now. 

Am I sharing this because I am a nice man? Because I like to torture people? Because I'm trying to be cool? (Make sure my tattoo gets into the photo!) No, none of those things. I'm sharing it because it's great. 

No comments: