Sunday, November 29, 2020

You're My Girl (I Don't Want To Discuss It)


I bought this record in 1968, when it came out. I don't think that I had heard any of it, but I had read an article praising it. A band put together with L.A. session musicians? I thought it was definitely worth a try. I loved it, and I played the hell out of it. 

That was a long time ago, and I've been separated from my records for fifteen years now. Even before that, I can't say when I last played this record. For some reason, this song popped into my head today. I had to look it up before being reminded that it was by Rhinocerous. I'm always grateful that we have this extensive encyclopedia of everything at our fingertips now. 

This is a great song. It looks like it was covered within a few years, so I'll be listening to those as well. 

No comments: