Friday, August 14, 2020

The Curse of Computer Updates

Google recently updated Blogger. When I hear the word "update" in connection with Microsoft, I raise my right hand to God and pray that it does not bring my happiness to a screaching halt. I was accustomed to Google being fairly seemless in those situations. Note the tense of that verb. 

It seemed at first like one of those merely cosmetic updates. Do younger users find it beneficial for all of their apps to simply change their look every couple of years? It just annoys me, but I'll tell you what annoys me more. That would be a very useful app (Blogger) that I have been using for over ten years suddenly becoming bug-ridden and almost unuseable. 

I tried reverting to the former, familiar version, but things are still unpredictable. 

Are you on Blogger? Want to have some fun? Try leaving them some feedback when something fails to respond, or changes formats in seemingly random patterns. That was twelve minutes of a good time right there. (Sarcasm alert.) 

God help us. 

No comments: