Saturday, August 17, 2013

Melt Banana Have Settled Down Considerably

No, Melt Banana do not have a version of "What I Like About You," at least not on YouTube.  They do, however, offer a version of "What A Wonderful World."



There's a lot of vid's up for Melt Banana but the hit counts are low.  They're always wildly interesting though, don't you think?  They've been around for a while, and this video shows them in an uncharacteristically quiet, contemplative mood.  Take my word for it, or, even better, go listen to some of the early stuff for yourself.  This band wrote the book on abrasive in the Nineties.   They are generally categorized as "Noise Rock."

I like this cut, but part of me misses the older style.  It was shockingly original, the old stuff, almost frightening in its intensity and sonic brutality.  I hope somebody out there is picking up that flag.  

No comments: