Sunday, February 10, 2013

She's Got the Power

Many of these English Invasion groups covered New York soul records, and some of them did a damn fine job too.  This was originally by the Exciters (see above).  Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders were one of the English groups that could really play, their "Game of Love" album is front to back totally outstanding.  (This is a cut from the album.)

Boy, it wasn't easy to find this on the 'Tube.  First, I thought the title was "Power of Love," but that turns out to be another (lame) song altogether.  Then I got the brainstorm to put a couple of lines of the lyrics in the Google, that worked great.  Back to YouTube, "He's Got the Power" just showed the Exciters, until I actually added "Wayne."  To be fair, the Wayne version is "She's Got the Power," which didn't occur to me at all.  But I love it when a plan comes together.  All's well that ends well. 

No comments: