Monday, August 13, 2012

What Would Al Gore Have Done?

I do love the comments on the "Right Wing Echo Chamber" web sites.  This one is from Weasel Zippers dot something or other:


"Despite any failures and shortcomings W might have had, can anyone imagine the condition the country would be in if Gore had won in 2000 or Kerry in 2004?

I will always thank him for being the man he is and wish him well wherever his life takes him, thank you Mr. President!"


Can anyone imagine it?  Sure, I can.  Kerry, not so much, on the imagining I mean.  He'd have been sworn-in in January, 2005, and the shit was already in the air, ballistic, and the fan was firmly in place, waiting to receive it.  But Gore?  That would have been a difference that we could have lived with, along with lots of nice people in the sandy countries that were about to die unnecessarily.  How different?  Oh, let me count the ways.  (Hint: taxes; deficits; wars; Supreme Court.) 

But this commenter on the 'Zip, isn't he/she being gracious towards our former president?  That's so nice.  And rare on those sites, grace, I mean.  


No comments: