Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thanks, Carey

One of my blogging buddies has posted a very nice testimonial to me, and I must say that my gratitude for his kind words is quite overwhelming. It is, I think, the first time that anyone has put sustained pen to paper about me, with all the negativity deleted, and I am flattered beyond words. I was pretty sure that I'd have to wait until I was dead to get that, and even then I wasn't sure it would ever come.

The blog is at:

http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/

The post is, "Thailand, Fred and Me: Who's That Knocking At My Door?"

God knows that I try desperately to please, and regular readers know that I am a certified, pathological approval junkie, but I know that sometimes it's hard to cut through the accompanying doom and gloom. Carey's words are validating, and that's a real blessing.

(Two of my law prof's went to the movies one time. They were at a mall where you had to get your parking ticket stamped for free parking. As they were leaving the lot, the driver turned to the other prof and said, "validation?" The prof replied, "you are a good teacher, and everyone likes you!" True story.)

1 comment:

CareyCarey said...

Fred, I have not been doing much visiting so this is the first time I saw this. Your comments are very familiar to those I received from another person I highlighted on my blog. It was the women who's the poet laureate of a small Midwestern city. She called me and siad I made her cry because no one had ever done that for her. She has helped shape the lives of hundreds of women (as I said in the post) but nobody had taken the time to validate her.

So, when you said your were humbled and truely appreciative of my post, I believe you, and I meant every word I said.

On a side note, guys like you and I, those that are not afraid to take a strong stance that stands out sharply and clearly from the prevailing opinion, are in the minority. So I came by today to copy your list related to " the nail that gets hammered down". I got something going on at another blog, in which I want to send a message that I understand why I may receive some of the spirited "rebuttals" that come my way. So, along with other names I've been called, I am a thief that came by to steal your words :-)