Monday, June 13, 2011

Sukothai Motorcycle Taxi Ride



I love the tropic sky, and the rice fields in Sukothai are among the most beautiful in Thailand. There's something about the countryside here, something really special.

This is in the neighborhood of the Sri Satchanarai Historical Park, which is very nice but I don't recommend it unless you can go in your own car. I had to walk over three kilometers before I saw this motorcycle taxi guy, and Sukothai is a very hot place. It was just a fluke that I saw him at all, his was the only one I saw all day. I flagged him down like my life depended on it, and now that I think of it, it may have. The driver was a nice guy, and pretty smart too. I told him what I needed, and asked him how much. "Arai gaw dai!" he said, like whatever you think is fair. I've heard this before. I, like many others before me, probably paid him more than he would have asked for. And it was worth it, there's nothing like getting help when you need it.

But all's well that ends well, and I survived another adventure in the Thailight Zone.

No comments: