Saturday, April 8, 2023

Mahlathini & The Mahotella Queens - Mbaqanga (1991)


The main thing that has kept me alive since I was eight years old has been music. I should take a moment to offer my sincere thanks to the multitude of men and women who have pushed me towards the light for these many decades. My dearest musicians and singers, please consider this. The profession of musician is mostly hard work and little money, but your wonderful talent has been keeping many lost souls alive, and enabling many families to thrive. From peg-pants rockabilly cats to jazz junkies, from the Brill Building to Carnaby Street, from guys doing time to guys getting rich, from one-hit-wonders to guys that keep the flow, from all of the corners of the world, please accept my humble thanks. You help people, and I wish that more people understood the amount of effort that goes into a lifetime in music. 

No comments: