Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Visions - Cigarette

Please forgive my redundancy, but I'm up against it here. I gave up smoking cigarettes almost two months ago. Withing three days the monarch of my adopted country passed away. He was a positive force in our world, and we miss him very much, and we were very sad to see him go. Then, after another few days, The Great Unspeakable was elected President of the United States. "Of America," no less. Since then it has been a daily grind of new, weird disclosures and increasingly dangerous actions by our soon-to-be Commander in Chief, who seems to have less of an idea of what the president actually does than I know about what a nuclear physicist does. So yeah, it's a real challenge for me to walk by a 7-11 these days without thinking, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, please give me one good reason that I should not go in there right fucking now and buy a pack of Marlboro Menthols!

No comments: