Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jimmy Fallon, Sia, Natalie Portman & The Roots Sing "Iko Iko"

Just for a point of reference, I like Jimmy Fallon, and I like the Roots, and for that matter I like Natalie Portman too (although I'm not sure how she got into this video). Sia, well I've never heard of her at all, and nothing here particularly recommends her to me. But . . .

The point is, this video has six million views, and within a few months, too. It's entertaining, but not overly so, and it's certainly not great art. That Jimmy Scott video down there, anybody with any musical sense at all would find that wildly entertaining, and great art besides. 421 hits.

It all begs the question: in our new Twitterverse, has quality been discarded altogether as being totally obsolete? Can anyone under forty-five-years-old even hear the difference anymore?

Just wondering.

No comments: