Thursday, October 2, 2014

Strange Stats

I look at my stats and try to figure out what people like.  Then I'm driven to wonder why.  I aim to please in this enterprise, so I make an effort to understand these things.

Sometimes a stat just jumps out and bangs the weird-gong.  Why would twenty five people suddenly find a post called "Wolken Cuck-Cucks Heim," from 2011, no less? 

It's a good read, and I'm certainly glad someone is reading it.  But why now?  The word in German is compound, "Wolkencuckcucksheim."  Did it suddenly appear in the news in another context, driving people to Google it?  I should check Google and see if the post comes in near the top. 

Studying the stats page remains mysterious to me.

1 comment:

fred c said...

Yup. The original post is number two on page one of Google.