Saturday, March 3, 2012

Texas man killed over karaoke song choice | The Raw Story

Texas man killed over karaoke song choice | The Raw Story

So the Karaoke violence has spread to America.

I call these the "Country Roads Murders" in Asia. Whenever I am forced by polite circumstances to sing "Country Roads," I try to sing it as nicely as possible and only once. No sense in taking any chances! Kevlar clothes are too hot for Thailand.

"My Way" is also unaccountably popular in Thailand. I can't imagine why myself, it's a tough song to sing and not much fun for anybody. The unfortunate singer in the instant case struck an additional nerve with his song choice, the whole immigration thing, the question of who is an American. I'll probably never find out the ethnic information for the shooter, but I can imagine rationales for him being a whole variety of ethicities. Lots of anger to go around, and it is.

No comments: