Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Hollies 'Just one look' NME Awards footage as featured on Ready Stea...



For me, as you may have noticed, it's all about the covers. The Hollies remain one of the most successful cover bands in history. They stole, or let's say borrowed, from great acts too, including the Beatles, and their versions always hold up very well in comparison.

I used this video to illustrate that they also were a band that could set up and play. It bears repeating: they were a great act, and they deserved every bit of their success.

1 comment:

fred c said...

This whole "Hollies/cover" thing may sound familiar to long time readers. I have been accused, and plead guilty too, to repeating myself on occasion. I always figure, if a story is worth telling, it's worth telling again next year.