Monday, July 4, 2011

Favorites/ Pet Peeves

People on Facebook love stuff like this.

Most annoying word: I complained about "veggies," as in "Veggie Lover's Pizza." As in "eat your veggies!" But really, my least favorite word is "fun" used as an adjective, as in "it was so fun!" I thought complaining about the misuse of "fun" was a little intellectual for the 'Book, but that's some ungelernte shit right there.

My favorite word, by the way, is "linoleum." Go ahead, say it, linoleum. Beautiful, isn't it?

My pet peeve, as if you didn't know, is that in my ungrateful country a working person is only valued as long as they can pay their own way, and pay taxes along the way. If you just happen to be shit for brains, you're shit out of luck, but that's not the worst part, even though it's uncivilized and "unchristian," for all of you Godly folk out there, examine your consciences, you may be right about that whole judgment thing. No, the worst part is that even if you do a good job, with the making a living and the paying taxes and everything, if the day comes when you can't get it together anymore, my ungrateful country says, hit the road Jack!

And now it's only getting worse, because after all, there's no money! The new mantra of Conservatives, and Neo-Conservatives, now joined by Neo-Liberals. There's no money folks! Sorry! Social Security and Medicare, get it while you can jimboney!

No money, unless you're an aircraft carrier. We've got limitless money for you, if you're an aircraft carrier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah Fred, i get sunburned on the roof of my mouth from watching some of the high-fallutin' things you say flyin' over my head! Ezra Pound aint got nothin' on you, boy!

-E

fred c said...

Oh, Ed, you know what I mean. Facebook isn't the place to throw the high-hard one, the big curve. More like throwing batting practice, better to stay on the hitable side.

I'm not being conceited here, at least I don't think so. I readily acknowledge the many people that I meet who are smarter than me, you might be one of them.

Anonymous said...

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

Anonymous said...

I had a friend named Ramblin' Bob
Who used to steal gamble and rob
He thought he was the smartest guy in town
But I found out last Monday
That Bob got locked up Sunday
They've got him in the jailhouse way down town
He's in the jailhouse now he's in the jailhouse now
I told him once or twice quit playin' cards and shootin' dice
He's in the jailhouse now...