Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Truck in Thailand


Thailand is a little bit like Cuba in that a vehicle, once constituted as a conveyance, will be maintined ad virtuus emortalis as a convenance. This old hulk is parked outside of a small, a very small shop in the very small provence of Amnat Cheroen in very poor eastern border region of Thailand (very small and poor as in, the entire provence has only one traffic light).
Within six weeks it will be up and running and looking like new, or thereabouts. It will be sold, and it will be back serving the local economy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading 'The last Gospel' and wanted to know what its all about. I'm glad I came across your blog!Its much more interesting than the book!:)

fred c said...

And you, dear reader, sure know the way to a blogger's heart!

Anonymous said...

You all are so deep. What does one have to do to be accepted into your club?
Cato

fred c said...

Cato, I apologize unreservedly for any feelings of left-outness that this blog has instilled in you. The last thing I'm going for here is elitism. Or are you being ironic? (or is that sarcastic?) In that case I apologize for not getting it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know! Give me a minute to think about it and let's see what comes to mind . . . . reciprocity . . . Article IV, Section I . . . Zen muttering . . . newfee on your blog . . . I've got to go home now . . . I'll call you in the morning . . . what the fuck? . . .

CATO

Anonymous said...

Cato:
Are you talking to me, @newfee on your blog?
I am sometimes referred to as newfee or noofie. If this is the case, what's the issue?

fred c said...

Do I have readers in Newfoundland? That would make me inordinately proud.