Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Miracles

I witness small miracles all the time. For example, the other day at the Big C I came across VCD's of all six Sword of Vengeance movies for thirty-three Baht each, I raised my hand to god and said a prayer of thanks.

But real miracles, those are harder to find. But, I hate to tell it now, I wanted to wait until the miracle had played out to it's final revelation, but, oh! it's overwhelming, it's like the loaves and fishes, no, more like Hanukkah with the endless oil in the lamps.

I have, I had it in my hand this morning . . . oh, it's too unbelievable.

Ever seen those "forever" razors advertised on late night TV? I always thought, impossible, it would take a miracle, it's a scam, but it seems like I own one. I paid twenty-five cents for it, in a two pack for about twenty Baht, in a Bangkok 7-11.

I'm using the last one now, and I have been using it every other day since April, that's ten months, one-hundred-and-fifty shaves or so, and counting. I used it this morning; it feels like a new razor. There is no corrosion on the blades. This thing is the shaving equivalent of a great samurai sword.

What is god trying to tell me? Or is it a temptation, but let's face it, I'm so dense, if the devil wants to tempt me he'd better stand right in front of me and spell it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SMALL MIRACLES by Askin Ozcan
ISBN 1598001000 Outskirts Press
http://www.outskirtspress.com/smallmiracles

Thirty true and stunning stories of small miracles from the author's own life in many countries

Available at major internet bookshops.