Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me - New Stereo Remix



Oooops! I cried again!

I cry every time I hear this song. And isn't this an endearing video? Kind of a mess, but the young women look so sincere, and so cute, and the song comes through. I like it.

When this song was current, way back when, I would sometimes take a different bus after school so that I could visit my grandmother down in Astoria, down by Long Island City, where you could be standing in Queens but you could throw a rock and hit Manhattan. That bus was the Q66, and lots of black students were going home from Flushing High School. Impromptu groups of black teenage girls would sit in the back of the bus and sing these songs, and boy, it was a thrill for me to sit and listen. It was a valuable part of my urban education in the benefits of diversity.

Man, I love this song.

No comments: