Thursday, November 24, 2016

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

This was the one, just now, that got me thinking about life, and crying. I listened to this song before "Walking in the Rain." I listened to this song and I became slightly unglued. This is the dream, isn't it? In two and a half minutes, this song is the fucking dream. We find somebody, somebody who has a real family and who is capable of real love, and we fall in love, and we get married, and it all works out. It's harder than it seems. Especially these days. I mean, Al is not married to Tipper anymore. So I listened to "Then He Kissed Me" a second time, being a sentimental fool. At around the halfway point, I just broke down crying. The dream becomes the nightmare, you know? But like the guys in Vietnam used to say, "It don't mean nothing." Or as the Germans still say, "what is that compared to Stalingrad?" Well, it's nothing, that's what it is. One person's little unpleasantness is not one fucking tiny bubble in a glass of champagne. (That's a good line. I'll use it again when more people are reading/listening.) Oh, fuck it. Fuck it all. If they swear this guy in, we can all kiss it goodbye anyway. Life, love, music, art, fuck it all. It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: