Thursday, October 13, 2016

Franz Ferdinand - Leaving My Old Life Behind (Late Night Tales Cover Ver...

When life is long, we have time to fill in a lot of blanks, time to discover some of the things that we missed the first time around.

This is a Franz Ferdinand cover of a Jonathan Halper song from the 1960s. I never heard the original back then. The video content is from a Kenneth Anger movie, Puce Moment, made in 1949. The original soundtrack was by Verdi; the Halper song was substituted in 1968.

You should all go and watch the entire movie with the Halper soundtrack, I mean it's only six minutes of your time. Kenneth Anger is pretty remarkable. Scorpio Rising is a jaw-dropping reminder that Quentin Tarantino didn't just rise out of the ocean fully formed on a seashell. I'll be working my way through the Anger catalog (I do like the sound of that, and yes, Anger is a gig name).  

No comments: