Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Regarding Politics

I’m so tired of politics.  Tired of worrying about it; tired of hearing about it; tired of being tempted to write about it.  It’s not like I even care anymore, actually, except that I really don’t like being lied to and treated like a fool.  Besides, it’s not like American politics hasn’t gone irredeemably to shit already.  That train has left the station. 

What could be a greater waste of time than trying to convince people to vote, or to see beyond the distractions to the reality of their political decisions, or to consider, God forbid, future Supreme Court appointments when they vote.  And do the Republicans really need one more voice crying in the wilderness drawing attention to their venal, anti-democratic shenanigans?   Waste of time.

I’m sure that I’ll be returning to the theme of politics throughout the election cycle, because it all gets so infuriating that I won’t be able to help myself.  I will, however, be making an effort to keep it to a minimum. 


I’m also sure that I take this cure from time to time and then quickly fall off the wagon.  Pardon my redundancy!  My pain is real.  

No comments: