Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Spin Easy Time!: Alert The Media: Andrew Breitbart Still Dead

Spin Easy Time!: Alert The Media: Andrew Breitbart Still Dead: I know, I didn’t believe those rumors that it was all a trick either. He’s dead. I can’t say that I’m broken up about it. Good people die...

So is Gawker, I suppose. But reference to the Gawker quotes featured in this post from 2012 will show that Gawker had writers that were really on the ball, and they weren't even a little bit reticent to ruffle some feathers. Those are good things for journalists. 

Gawker was a blog started by Nick Denton and Elizabeth Spiers, and God bless them for it. They posted a sex tape featuring Hulk Hogan at a time when he was not relevant at all and couldn't have been making much of a living. Bingo! Through the miracle of the unsympathetic defendant, old Hulk was awarded $140 million in damages, payable by Gawker, which of course was impossible by about $139.9 million dollars. So they said, "screw you guys, we're going home." Gawker declared bankruptcy, and that was that. 

After his lawyers were done with him, OLD HULKSTER probably got about $7.25. And the world lost Gawker. The worst part of it is that Good Old Hulk should have paid Gawker to run that sex tape. I'm pretty sure that it didn't hurt his career, if he even still had a career. You know what they say, "any publicity is good publicity." 

I really wish that I could turn phrases like some of these in the Gawker quotes. Those guys were good. 

And on a happier note, Breitbart is still dead. 

No comments: