Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Depression Is Like That


One of the features of clinical depression is that while it may cruise along at a constant level for some considerable time, the arrival of an individual event with serious depression potential can cause the entire back-catalog of depression events to spring back into clear focus. The things simmering in the dark corners may suddenly become vivid, Technicolor nightmares. All of them, simultaneously!

I feel somewhat sheepish about the post of February 3rd, below, but I'm not removing it. I don't believe in removing things in circumstances like this. I felt it; I wrote it; about eight people read it; let's all deal with it.

Maybe our current political scenario will all work out okay, even though it does seem like the wrong wooden block has been removed, and the entire Jenga tower is surrendering to gravity, even as we speak.

No comments: