Saturday, December 10, 2016

An M.V. Powered Custom By Shinya Kimura


Another bike from Shinya Kimura.

I don't know about the frame, etc, but this motor is a 650cc M.V. Agusta. The original M.V. was for sale some time in the early 1970s, and I recall it looking more sedate than this one, if not by much. Mr. Kimura's bikes always feature a lot of parts that are hand formed, or machined from billets, in his shop. So I'm going to classify this as a Japanese Custom Motorcycle built by Shinya Kimura.

M.V.s were big winners at road races all through the 1960s, but by the 1970s they were having trouble keeping up with the higher tech Hondas. The motor is beautiful enough to use it on the basis of looks alone, but being an M.V. it would also be smooth and strong. This bike would move right along.

You should Google this guy. All of his bikes are amazing.

1 comment:

fred c said...

About ten years later, 1982, I got myself a Yamaha Seca 650 that was the moral equivalent of this MV Agusta. 650 cc four cylynder engine, double overhead cams, shaft drive, flat handlebars and rear-set foot pegs. My Yamaha was a great bike, fast as hell and it handled like a toy. In 1982 it cost me $2,800, a ridiculous bargain even at the time, and probably half of what the MV would have cost ten years earlier. Man, I loved that bike. The MV was definitely cooler, but my Yamaha was the functional equivalent in every way, most likely.