Saturday, October 15, 2016

Henry Mancini's Peter Gunn Extended Version

The original was the theme song for a detective TV show in 1958. This is an extended version from a retrospective LP that came out in the mid-1970s. It's a good one. It's still in my collection, somewhere.

"Baby Elephant Walk!" There are a lot of great cuts in the Mancini catalog.

I was about to descend into a spasm of self-aggrandizement, but I'll forgo the pleasure. We can share a coffee someday and I'll explain to you just how cool my friends were in the later 1970s. And by inference, of course, how cool I was. But I was overtaken by events, like all of the other young hipsters of history, and all that remains is the shadow of a man that stands before you, sharing memories.

But oh! What memories they are!

No comments: