Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sailin' Shoes- Hey Julia- Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley: Robert Palmer

I think that Robert Palmer was a very good singer in general, but the album that this is from is really exceptional in every way. Robert himself found a new gear, and the back-up is as good as it gets. There are two drummers on the album, Ziggy Modaliste and Bernard "Pretty" Purdy! It doesn't get any better than that. The band in general is the Meters, with some assists here and there. It's all hits, all the time. I love this album.

But, the cover angle. Robert and the fellows put a new twist on the Little Feat song. I don't play that "better" game, like too many people on YouTube. They're different; I like 'em both.

Good cover of "Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley," too. That's a Lee Dorsey song, isn't it? Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Might have been the Meters on his original as well!

No comments: