Thursday, August 4, 2016

Eddie Harris Quartet - Movin' On Out

In the post below, where you read, "The Electrifying Eddie Harris," now read "Eddie Harris/High Voltage."

This is Eddie really having some fun with a good crowd.

That Roland Space Echo, by the way, was a real beast to handle. It had about a mile of recording tape in it, and keeping it all on the beam was a challenge. "Delicate," you'd have to call it. I obtained one in the mid-1990s, and I never could get it running. Did I get it as partial payment for a law gig? I don't recall paying for it, which would have been a stupid thing to do at that point, for a used, semi-non-functional one. I asked in a shop about getting it running, and the guy kind of rolled his eyes towards the ceiling and said that it would be "expensive."

This is one of my favorite albums.

No comments: