Monday, September 15, 2014

The Book Of Cletis

I miss the blog called "The Book of Cletis," ostensibly written by one Cletis L. Stump.  Clete was a nice guy, a good writer, and I always enjoyed the blog.  It went private somehow.  It's a Blogspot.com blog but when you run it up the flagpole these days you get a page that says:

"This blog is for invited readers only.  Contact the blogger."

Or something to that effect.

The change happened around the Spring of 2012.  I still miss Cletis, we were getting along swimmingly.  There's a certain amount of logrolling here in the Blogosphere, bloggers plugging one another.  Maybe some of it is insincere, like the ridiculous praise that mediocre novelists heap on one another these days, I wouldn't know.  I can tell you that if I suggested a post on The Book of Cletis it was because I thought that it was great.  Cletis would occasionally re-post one of my things on his blog, and on other occasions he'd comment hereon.  He seemed sincere about it too.  Then he pulled the plug and I wasn't invited to the new party. 

So, a couple of questions:

I would have appreciated an invitation to read the new, or merely closed off blog; and

Did something go wrong while I wasn't looking?  Was it something that I said? 

Maybe we start these Internet relationships without really understanding the rules for such things.  They are new constructs, that's for sure.  This is a new world.  Maybe I committed some faux pas.  If I did, I'd apologize for it unreservedly. 

I wonder.

But whatever.  Cletis, wherever you are, I love you brother, and I hope that you and yours are well and happy.  Live long and prosper!  And thanks for all of the good will, back then. 

No comments: