Thursday, May 15, 2014

More Self-Censorship

I try to shelter you, gentle readers, from the worst of my negativity.  But in my private moments, watching TV or reading the news on the ‘Net, comments to myself can approach, or cross, the borders of decorum.   For instance . . .

I saw a picture of two world leaders accompanying an article.  Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Ugandan President Uhuru Kenyatta.  The legend told us, “Chinese Premier Li Keqiang (left) . . .”  As though the tall, black gentleman were the Premier of China.  They were having a meeting about business between the two countries.  I don’t know about you, but I’m very concerned about two things that came to mind immediately:  China’s “soft power” activities around the world, especially in Africa, and the treatment of homosexuals in Africa, especially in Uganda. 

My comment to myself was this, “we don’t care if you brand your homosexuals, herd them like cattle, and sell them as meat.  Just show us the money.” 


Was that fair of me?  Mr. Li may be a very nice man for all I know.  Perhaps I should limit my comments to things like, “where did he get that tie?!?!”  or, “couldn’t he afford a suit that fit him?” or the ever popular, “that dress is horrible!”  

No comments: