Saturday, August 17, 2013

Helmet Heads Are Thai



These guys remind of of Shonen Knife at just that moment when they started to figure out how to play.  Helmet Heads are not a great band, but they're very good.

They do listen to great records and then play the songs with great enthusiasm, hence the Shonen Knife reference.

These guys do a killer version of the Spencer Davis hit, "Keep on Running."  If I had to guess, they get this stuff from YouTube.  I seriously doubt that they know anybody who has these records.

My favorite version of "What I Like About You" is by the Suicide Machines, it's just the original idea but rougher and a little bit faster.  This version is straight up and heavy on the innocence.  There's room for all schools.  I wonder if Melt Banana every covered this song?  I should check.    

No comments: