Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Can Be Tedious

And I can be absent too, I can be quiet.  Like the next little while!  I'll be busy, I'll be spending a week or so at a friend's house helping out with end-of-life care for her sister.  Not relishing the thought, but there it is:  when people that you love need help, you help them. 

And I can be merely tedious!  Which is worse, absent or tedious?  My musical choices come up for criticism frequently.  You should all just be glad that I've laid off the poetry, think about it. 

Is this tedious or not?  I was reading the bible in a hotel in Surin the other day, New Testament.  Those Gideons really get around.  (In Thailand hotels more frequently have a Buddhist tract; this hotel had both.)  You don't have to read far in the Bible before you come up with something remarkable, I'll give it that.  For instance:

"Now concerning virgins, I have no commandments from the Lord; yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His Mercy has made trustworthy."  Paul, in 1 Corinthians 7/25

Who knew that Paul was even interested in virgins?  I'm suspicious about the "trustworthy" crack too, I've said similar things but I was being facetious.  If you want to know what he said on the subject of virgins, you can go and look for yourself.  It's almost tedious. 

No comments: