Had a rain-dance down in Texas the other day. One guy's running for president, says he's only thinking about it.
What they said: "The 'Response' is a non-denominational, apolitical Christian prayer meeting and has adopted the American Family Association statement of faith."
What they meant: We're coming for you sinners, and our knives are not loathe to cut, nor our powder loathe to burn.
Here's what they call "non-denominational:"
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2 We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
More like HYPER-DENOMINATIONAL, how much more narrowly focused could you get?
Oh, and it's not apolitical either.