Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Son; Me; Father; Son



I made the annual pilgrimage to see my father with some nice company this year. We were there for dad's ninetieth birthday. He seems very happy, as are the rest of us in the picture. A few weeks before this picture was taken he wrote to me, telling me that he would probably make it to his birthday but after that he couldn't make any guarantees, because "nobody lives forever." He's right, of course, but it is a blessing that he's doing so good, and for so long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful trip to New Mexico. Glad I was there to take this picture and say,"Oliver, stand up straight, Keith stop making a face and Grandpa close your mouth"!
Love, Ann

nanute said...

Fred,
If you shrink with age....
And someone has to be in charge, Ann.

fred c said...

Oh, boy, if anybody was ever in charge . . .

I introduced Ann to one of my professor buddies and later he told me, "she is not large, but she seems very powerful."

Vince said...

What a great photo and occasion. Awesome!