Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Very Valuable Thing

I just passed a good time looking back over this thing of mine, this blog, this "Spin Easy Time." I am very favorably impressed.

There's a lot of good stuff here, and tons of it. My opinion is that this blog is a very valuable thing, literature even. I would recommend it to anyone with some command of English. Reading the entire thing from beginning to end would repay the effort.

I see lots of blogs. Many are just dull; many try so desperately hard to be cool that they are just sad; many are anger based and vaguely disturbing; many are single-purpose and therefore of limited utility; many are news/politics oriented and I think of them as more magazine than blog. I do see some good ones, but "Spin Easy Time" is still competitive.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great, if you do say say so yourself!

Actually Fred, I like your calm approach. You have that good-natured resignation of a man beat by life. No need to fight anymore, nothing to prove. I dig it.

fred c said...

Thanks for the validation.

(True story: two of my law school prof's went to the movies one time. On the way out of the parking garage, the driver turns to his friend, extends his hand and says, "validation?" His friend looks him in the eye and says, "you're a good professor; everyone likes you!")

Anonymous said...

It's a lot of writing with little reading ...It's a shame you get so few comments though. It's like broadcasting into outer space. You may never hear a reply.

fred c said...

I think I do okay on comments considering my limited readership. Plus, I know of a good handful of people who read my regularly and never comment. All in all, I feel like it's good for me to write it anyway. I try very hard to keep everything light and airy, even the complaining, so it lifts me out of my usual bitter, hateful despair!

Vince said...

I read it every day. You obviously have some very strong gray cells and a great writer. We are on opposite sides of the political issues, but as close as we are opposite on the personal issues. It's a shame people don't know the real Fred, but keep on writing; it's the next best thing. Your intelligence is exceeded by your compassion and kindness.