Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thank You, Dear Readers

It came to my attention the other day that 840 people have checked my profile herein. It reminded me that you are out there, and, my dear readers, let me say that I love you.

I write this thing: 1) for the feeling of accomplishment inherent in writing it; 2) to avoid working on my novel; 3) to concentrate on something besides constant worrying; and 4) in a lame-ass attempt to make a connection with the outside world. I need your help to accomplish number four, and I appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Woodstock retrospective?...No ruminations on 40 years of marriage?
Watch the video embedded in this story...

http://music.msn.com/woodstock/story/feature/?GT1=28101&news=423755&mpc=2

fred c said...

I distinctly remember having no interest in going to Woodstock. I had been to the country, and I kind of liked it if it was done properly, but I knew that it required careful planning and modulation to avoid the natural horror of it. Woodstock held the obvious dangers of overexposure to nature and the resultant loss of control, and the experience of a couple of my friends who did go bore me out.

The music was pretty good, though. I'll check the site.

Anonymous said...

Happy(?) 40th anniversary, Fred & Ann...