Monday, July 13, 2009

Mosquitos Have Lost Their Power Over Me

Over the course of my five days in the country I picked up at least fifty mosquito bites. I wouldn't even have noticed, unless I happened to see the small, red mark within ten or fifteen hours or so.

There was no swelling, no itching. Those things are the results of an allergic reaction to the mosquito spit, and I suppose that I have developed an immunity.

So: the heat in Thailand? No longer a problem; the mosquitoes? No longer a problem.

What's left besides the xenophobia of the government establishment?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mexican Ska Alert! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNPN0LU2rI

OC

Anonymous said...

Salon Victoria is good too!!!

fred c said...

Mosquitoes-to-Mexican Ska-to-Salon Victoria! I see it all now!