Thursday, May 21, 2009

Canvorse All Stars

I hardly notice this stuff anymore. The fringes of trademark, the dark corners of Asian intellectual property. I see, but hardly notice, as some little factory somewhere tries to make a living selling “Canvorse All Stars.” It’s cool, baby, go ‘head on with your bad self.

More interesting by far is when someone reaches a little too far for a mellifluous English name for their small business. Like the massage place in my building, a legitimate massage place, get your minds out of the gutter. The whore-house is across the street.

“Restz and Relaxz,” is the name of the place. Who, when, why, where and how did someone come up with these spellings? Memorable, I suppose, so maybe it was a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TinTin in Thailand--
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10541975/26-Tintin-in-Thailand

Anonymous said...

You don't have to go to Thailand to wonder what are they thinking. Remember the market in Ventura called Ju's Market!

fred c said...

A little further along that road, I recently discovered what my jew was in Thailand. Boy, was I surprised!