Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Luck for Mr. Fred


Would you buy a used car from this man? The monk, I mean.
This family is prosperous, they flew the monk in from Ubon Ratchatani to tell fortunes for Chinese New Years. I gave him all my info, date, time, year, longitude, latitude, dietary restrictions, and he went to work with a really dog-eared dream book. His style was to make a big number grid from all the variables and then add the sides and come up with two numbers for general quality of luck and the fine points out in the middle somewhere.
I got a twelve-by-twelve, which made everyone very happy. He said that I am always lucky, which is true, but my luck goes through the roof after my birthday. He told me that my father was healthy and happy without knowing if he was even alive, I'm not sure how he did that one, probably asked someone in Thai first.
It seems like the Chinese Astrology animals are a little different in Thailand. In China, I am a rat, year of the rat; in Thailand I am a big snake (they have a little snake too). This made everyone very happy as well.

No comments: