Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogging

It’s like sending messages in bottles: no one reads them. It’s like writing a column for a non-existent newspaper that nobody ever sees. It’s like writing a bad novel and never sending it to any publishers. It’s like writing in the sand below the tide line. It’s like thinking great thoughts on acid. It’s like getting a great idea in the middle of the night and forgetting in the morning. It’s like most of human thought: un-important; un-noticed; un-original; un-enduring; un-nourishing; and un-fulfilling. It’s like writing letters to dead people. It’s like watching Star Trek and seeing sub-titles of Klingon in Chinese. It’s dyslexic in reverse: you can read it but no one else can. It’s like cognitive-therapy-journaling-self-improvement-desperation. It’s mere typing practice.

3 comments:

Ollie said...

Dude, can I put links to your blogs in my blogs? Not that I have many... or that I am consistent about the ones I do have... I would put snippets of yours with links... people would read. I do read... Just don't comment. You're in a league of your own here. I do say Mr. E's Fablog has to be feeling a shiver on his neck. I recently signed up for his blog as well... figuring I'd better be well aware of the gay sentiment in our community... before I get hit with a brick or something fantastic.

fred c said...

Feel free to link me up. Mr. E sounds so angry, it makes me sad. Bill's blog, on the other hand, is so lame that it makes me glad.

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

Well I wrote something a bit different about bloggers on one of my 'blogs', but I sure enjoyed reading your assessment.

I'll leave you with a bit of what I wrote - maybe it will let you know that there are many out there who not only appreciate your comments, but those of others as well. Here's that portion I spoke of.....


A couple reasons for creating a blog... You can set up a blog that can provide information that saves you time with a barrage of e-mails to your friends and family.

You can save countless hours of sending photos - put up a blog of nothing but photos; use no names, and let your family and friends have the link - they can grab that photo off the blog for their file, and save it to their computer. You up-load your photos, and remove a pile of memory from your own computer.

Put your thinking cap on - think of the myriad of ways to utilize the 'blog' - and it's all free from Google.

I personally have met such interesting people acquired a wealth of ideas, just from being part of the 'blogging' community.

Bloggers are the evangelists. Bloggers are those who take time to 'share' ideas. Bloggers feel for their community; their state - country, and world...

Bloggers know how to network - they compile; they are eager each day to avoid the commercial news on television; they avoid being 'trapped' in a routine that involves just 'sitting' and letting others do their decision-making. Bloggers are independent thinkers - and doers...

Larry the Cable Guy is probably our hero; we 'gitter done'!

There, that's a bit of how I see it, and why I do it. Regards, Diane